Caramel wrapped chocolate pretzels
1.Using pretzel rods, cut your Tahana caramel
2. Press the pieces together end to end, making
a caramel rope.
3. Twist said rope around and around the pretzel
4. In a small bowl, heat 1/4 cup of heavy cream
in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
5. Add 1/4 cup of chopped bittersweet chocolate. Mix.
6. Drizzle chocolate over the caramel covered pretzel rods. Place in refrigerator to set chocolate.
7. Wrap in waxed paper and place in a decorative box.
Caramel stuffed pretzels dipped in chocolate
1.Using any pretzel except for sticks or rods, press one Tahana caramel between two pretzel pieces.
2. In a small bowl, heat 1/4 cup of heavy cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
3. Add 1/4 cup of chopped bittersweet chocolate. Mix.
4. Wrap in waxed paper and place in a decorative box.
Goat Cheese, Caramel and Almond Bake
2-3 tbsp almond slivers or slices, toasted (pecans, walnuts,
hazelnuts all work well also)
1 round or log of goat cheese
1-2 tbsp Tahana Vanilla Bean or Salted Caramel sauce
Bread or crackers
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the almond slivers or slices on a toaster oven pan and place in a 350
degree heated toaster oven and cook about 3-4 minutes.
Alternatively, place the nuts in a dry pan on low heat on your stove,
tossing often. Keep an eye on the nuts to make sure they don’t burn.
Set aside once toasted.
Place the goat cheese on an oven-safe ceramic or glass dish (it’s best if
you can serve directly off this dish) and place in preheated oven for
While the cheese cooks/melts, heat caramel sauce in a microwave-safe
bowl or just remove the cap and heat directly in the jar in 10 second
intervals until desired consistency.
Remove the cheese from the oven, drizzle caramel sauce over the
cheese and top with toasted nuts and serve with bread or crackers.
Caramel Swirl Bread - makes amazing
1. Make your favorite cinnamon swirl bread dough
(or, shhhh, buy pre-made dough).
2. Roll it out after it's first rise, and spread Tahana
caramel sauce - any flavor!! - leaving a 1" wide space
on 3 edges and a 3" gap at one of the short edges.
3. Roll the dough, starting from the short edge with 1" clear space, pinching the ends and seam to seal.
4. Place the dough in a greased bread loaf pan, seam side down.
5. Let rise until the dough is 1" above the loaf pan top edge.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. When dough has risen, place pan in oven and cook 40-45 minutes.
7. Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes, then turn onto cooling rack.
8. Once cooled, wrap in plastic and wrap for gift giving.
Scallops with Caramel Sauce
¾ c chicken stock
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Tahana Vanilla
2 pinches salt
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Combine stock through cider vinegar in a small saucepan and reduce to ¼ c.
2. Heat butter in a non-stick sauté pan until melted. Season scallops with salt and pepper to taste and place in the sauté pan. Sear scallops for 2-3 minutes and turn them over. Cook for one minute longer (for medium rare scallops) and remove from pan.
3. Drizzle scallops with ½ tsp sauce per scallop and serve.
Alternate approach: Sear scallops as above and drizzle with caramel sauce (with no other ingredients) that has been heated in 10 second intervals. Serve.
1 tbsp butter
8-10 sea scallops, patted dry
salt and pepper
Try a sample.